Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Other Version

This blog was started all because someone was feeling upset about something, and my dear idiot did this to reassure her. Well, it certainly did move that someone to tears... Thank you so much my dear. =)

Alright, so here goes my version of our story...

Apparently, I became an MSN addict during Poly, and soon I was talking to many people online every night. My dear here was the very first person to become on my list. We talked about everything under the sun, from past to present, present to future, even finding out that he's living in the same block I used to live in, and coming up with G.aisle.

Soon, every day on MSN, I'd be checking my online list to see if he is online, and bugging him if he is. From the "Ieremias kok" then to the "Ah Pek" now... That's how long we've been talking to each other on MSN.

Talking to him was always an easy task, but all along, we maintained a very odd relationship. While we could talk about so many things from deep within us, we were never really considered very close in person. Probably because it's just like him, or maybe even me, to be slightly more subdued in person.

I was never someone with a lot of problems to begin with. He didn't really have that much either... Until some time when he started asking about whether I know of any places which teaches baking and stuff like that, because a particular person's birthday was coming up. *ehem*

At first, I was still rather surprised, because it came totally unexpected. This, was the start of a whole emotional roller coaster for him. The subsequent few months was a whole lot of ups and downs. We saw how he went from heaven to hell. I learnt more about this person here.

Then things started getting busier, and everyone went on with life as usual. Somewhere at the beginning of this year, Shirley started commenting that, "I have this feeling Jeremy and Janet will end up together."

Somehow at that time, I really don't know why, but I had the same feeling somewhere down in my gut too!

Then came the end of our final year in our course. Days were free for most of us, and especially so, the 2 of us. We began chatting online every single day. If it weren't the start of how our relationship changed, it certainly did bring us closer.

Over the days, our way of talking changed very minimally, that we probably didn't even pay much notice to. Much as that was the case, we never seemed to be able to stop talking. I have no idea how we had so many things to talk about at all.

More of the clique people started disturbing us, especially after the April Fool's joke. But this idiot here kept insisting it was impossible between us, and that we are too good friends. Deliberate deception? Hmm... Sounds familiar. =x

Then came the period of time when we started tricking each other with words. I bet he was the one who started it first. LOL! Probably too hooked on our April Fool's Day joke. Like, making so much suspense as if we're about to tell something very important, and turns out to be a very minor issue (eg. going to sleep already). -_-lll

So this went on, with revenge on each other and such... Until one day (some 1 week before Graduation Day), I managed to get my revenge by successfully making someone think that I was really going to announce something important. I really didn't expect him to believe, since I've been plotting my revenge all the while. Who knows, someone's heart was racing and was really prepared for the 'worst'.

The next day, he kept harping on wanting to exact his revenge. Well, so he did. He made his confession, and obviously, me thinking that it's only another trick of his, didn't believe! (Though a part of me secretly wanted to believe.) So he had to spend the rest of the night trying to convince me that that's the truth.

Subsequent days were quite awkward, and someone kept blaming it upon himself. Though we continued to chat on MSN as per normal, but things were never the same any more. It could never return to how it was. It was like an irreversible chemical reaction.

Then on that night before Graduation Day, he kept dropping hints that he felt like asking something the next day, but doesn't quite dare to. Idiot. Made me lose sleep the whole night just because of this. I was in a dilemma on whether I should accept or not.

On one hand, I wanted to stick by my principle of not wanting to accept so fast. On the other hand, the date is simply too tempting for me. 27th of May: First, 27 'happens' to be my favourite number. Second, it's exactly 6 months from my birthday. Third, it's on Graduation Day. How significant! A small part of me was quite afraid that he wouldn't dare to ask again due to whatever reasons... =x

Oh well, the next day finally came. Unfortunately, someone wasn't anywhere near, but he certainly was busy texting whoever he could. The indecisive me, as usual, is always asking around for opinions, although I'm quite certain now, that a decision has already been made somewhere within myself at that time.

The day proceeded, with a lot of photo taking. A final chance to do so officially as a student of SP. We totally didn't have the chance to be near each other much. Only managed a photo or so together. Then came the clique's dinner and night out at Timbre. He certainly knew how to make use of all chances to get the seat next to me.

Apparently, the night dragged on and there's obviously not much chance he had to pop the question. Hmm... In the end, he still did, by means he's already stated in his post. On the way back, I had to clear whatever uncertainties I had before giving him the answer. The answers he gave weren't exactly fantastic, but obviously I've already made up my mind long before, it doesn't really matter that much any more.

The entire night practically felt like a dream to me. Everything felt so surreal, I was living out of my usual shell. But... The way he looked at his watch anxiously and whispered with a look of relief, "It's still the 27th... Your birthday." - That, I can never forget.

This was how we got together. Sometimes, life is such a mystery. You never know what can happen. Fate works in such a way that the next person you meet could very well be the one you will live with for the rest of your life. Never stop carrying hopes.

Even though I still harp on the fact that I'm too easily won over, I can be sure I'll never regret this decision - I've really been on cloud nine-hundred and ninety-nine these past few months. All because of you. You make my life more complete.

We've entered a one-way street. There's no turning back now. I am helplessly becoming more and more dependent on you. I wish this journey never ends.

Happy 4th Month Anniversary, my dear... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment